- COUNTER SALES CONSULTANT / PARTS CONSULTANT
- PARTS COORDINATOR, OPERATIONS MANAGER
JOB PURPOSE STATEMENT:
- Plans and carries out sales activities and develops and maintains relationships with customers
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist customers solve parts problems, identify correct parts numbers, complete order forms and recommend and sell related items as a service and as requested by customers.
- Provide correct parts to the customer
- Provide quotations and estimates within the time frame
- Offer all required parts and any additional accessories to customers.
- Follow through on ordered parts to ensure that parts arrive, that parts are correct and that customers are notified of arrival.
- Work with other Department personnel in order to assist them with parts information as required.
- Maintain a high degree of proficiency with regard to the parts business and functions performed in order to ensure customer confidence and satisfaction with parts service
- Diplomatically handle customers’ complaints in a friendly, pleasing and personal manner.
- Monitor sales discounts according to department limit and company policy.
- Research the availability of certain parts, either within the retail facility or from other sources as necessary and
- Monitor bins and determine which parts need reordering.
- Assist Parts Manager in analyzing and resolving discrepancies between computer inventory and actual parts on hand.
- Monitor lost sales for inventory control.
- Must be alert to sales opportunities by taking the time to ask customers questions and provide information about parts and services
- Undertake additional related responsibilities as required.
COMMUNICATION & WORKING RELATIONSHIPS:
Internal - Parts Coordinator, Operations Manager,peers and staff in department
Externa - Customers, suppliers
MINIMUM REQUIREMENTS FOR THE JOB:
- High school certification or other related certification
- Experience and knowledge in Parts Catalog is a must and parts product handling, preferably heavy equipment a plus.
- General understanding of automotive systems
- Knowledge of procedures for ordering special parts or parts with no published parts numbers
- Knowledge of the EPC (Electronic Parts Catalogue) and of AC Delco parts
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to use inventory information on a computer screen and locate parts by checking parts numbers and locating them in the bins.
- Ability to identify and acknowledge the receipt of warranty (used) parts
- Good communications skills – in person and on telephone
- Willingness to initiate calls to customers to give and receive information.
- Ability to effectively communicate with all other departments in the retail facility.
- Is able to work independently, managing his or her time and work flow.
- Detail oriented
- Computer skills – Microsoft Office / Inventory systems
- Customer & Quality Focus
- Team orientation
Login to see company details, contact details & Apply